After decades in the maritime industry and constantly rolling out new, generic reports to customers, we kept coming up on the same problem:
No one business uses reports in the same way.
Every time we released a new report, support tickets would come flying in to request a customization, or to express the need for additional reporting. The volume of reports requested by our community made us realize two things:
- One report does not suit everyone, and we want our clients to decide how to report on their data in our system.
- We do not own your data, so our clients should have the tools necessary to get what you want from MarineCFO.
To remedy this, MarineCFO has partnered with Microsoft’s reporting toolkit, Power BI, to deliver an easier and more robust way to understand trends, catch anomalies, mitigate risks, lower expenses, and much more.
Some of the capabilities of Power BI include:
- Reduce the added cost, complexity, and security risks of multiple solutions with an analytics platform that scales from individuals to the entire organization.
- Find and share meaningful insights with hundreds of data visualizations, built-in AI capabilities, tight Excel integration, and prebuilt and custom data connectors.
- Gain leading sensitivity classification and data loss prevention capabilities to help keep your data secure and compliant—even when exported.
With a little setup from the MCFO team, you can begin using Power BI with a few simple clicks. Power BI is connected to our database through a connection string, and once connected, the possibilities are endless. MCFO has created a starter kit for each of our modules, so whether using just V365 or our comprehensive suite, we have the basic reports already loaded into the product, so clients can begin using these reports immediately.
No time to build reports? Our team at MCFO can build custom Power BI reports. We work closely with your business analysts to get you to the data you need, and since it is built to be easy and simple to learn, you can modify it at any time to keep up with rapidly changing business requirements.
We understand the need to run minute-by-minute analytics in a costly industry; we also understand the hassle of getting your data from other systems when you need it most. MCFO and Power BI solve that problem, immediately.
Some examples of reports powered by Power BI:
- Maintenance. See material costs by location.
- Crew Management. Review the mostly costly employees by the positions they have worked.
- V365. See which workplaces are late filling out checklists and documents and create a corrective action plan.
- Operations. Track fuel consumption per vessel based on the waterway and create a plan to reduce fuel costs.
- Inventory. Follow the most consumed items per workplace to make smarter ordering decisions.
- Sales. Compare vendor costing per material.
- Financials. Produce concise income statements that are easy to read and analyze.