At MarineCFO, our mission is: Through technology thought leadership, provide products and services that empower workboat operators with Vessel Enterprise Resource Planning through sustainable data collection, tasking, and decision making tools.
We are actively looking for the following positions:
Quality Assurance Engineer
This position falls under the Project Management Office, and reports to the PMO Director. This is hands-on and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in and make a positive impact on MarineCFO’s success. It will be expected that the successful candidate will participate in and actively contribute to the direction of the software product and the software development processes that are followed.
The successful candidate MUST be well organized and possess excellent communications skills.
MarineCFO wants to ensure a positive Customer experience so the scope of this Quality position is from the beginning of the development cycle through to version release.
Specific duties are:
* Develop and maintain Quality plans for maintaining core product versions using version control. This will include the management of the configuration for testing and development environments as well as the selection and/or development of version control tools.
* Develop and maintain Quality plans for product including both manual testing but with more emphasis on the use and/or development of test automation tools. Also, the set up of test environments is included here.
* Develop and maintain Beta test plans including working with Customers to set beta test agendas
• 2 or more years experience in packaged software development (preferred)
• 2 or more years experience with Microsoft development tools including Microsoft Office development, Access and SQL Server
• An in depth understanding of software testing processes and software development methodologies. Preference will be given to someone with experience in Agile development techniques
Degree in computer science or software engineering.
Our preference is for candidates who have some knowledge of the maritime transportation industry.
Our offices are in Houma, LA but we will give serious consideration to qualified candidates located in Paducah Ky, St Louis, Mo, New Orleans, La and Houston, Tx.